Saturday, November 12, 2011

How can I tell if my 2004 hyundai santa fe key has a chip in it?

I recently bought a 04 hyundai santa fe and it only had one key. I need a spare but don't know where to get one, and I don't know if the key I have has a computer chip in it. It looks like my old toyota key and it didn't have a chip in it. So how can I tell without having to visit hyundai dealership?|||None of the Santa Fe keys have chips in them.





My opinion is biased, but a Hyundai dealership is truly the best place to get a key cut. If you choose the dealer, it is best to bring in the key you have, along with the VIN of your vehicle. That way, if the key is too worn for an accurate trace, the dealer can get its code from Hyundai and program it in for a perfect cut (non dealers usually trace-cut). Some dealers may also request you bring in proof of ownership (the title) and your driver's license for identification.|||Yes these keys have chips in them. The only place i rec. is the dealer. I would not buy aftermarket. Too many headaches. Take the whole vehicle there so they can program the new one and reprogram the old one as well.|||go anywhere they make keys they will tell you

No comments:

Post a Comment