Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where are the spark plugs of a 2000 Hyundai elantra located?

The engine light of my hyundai Elantra 2000 came on. It says there is a miss fire in cylinder 3. I just replaced the crankshaft position sensor and it was running fine for about a week. Someone said I should replace my spark plugs. I am not exactly sure where they are located on the Elantra.|||I have an 05 Elantra. On my car their is a plastic cover over the top of the engine , held on by 4 bolts . Remove these bolts and the cover lifts right off . Directly underneath right on top the engine you will see 4 plug wires coming in . Lift by the boots of these wires to remove the plug wire from the plug. The plugs will be recessed down in their about 5 inches , you will need a sparg plug socket and an extension to reach down in there. Install the new plugs and once they are snug give them another half turn. I suggest pulling one plug at a time and replacing with the new so as not to cross the plug wires . It really is an easy job that anyone can do. The new platinum plugs will run about $3 each X 4 + $12 . You will save around $40 or more on labor . Just did mine this week , It took me all of about 20 minutes.|||If you can't find the spark plugs... I would suggest you take the car someplace and have it repaired.|||Follow the distributor wires|||refer internet

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! glad to drop by your page and found these very interesting and informative stuff. Thanks for sharing, keep it up!

    equus ma

    ReplyDelete