Saturday, November 12, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of a key from a hyundai accent being able to open another hyundai and start it?

I just bought a 2010 hyundai accent and my friend took the key to his hyundai accent opened my car door and started to car. I was wondering if that happened to anyone else.|||My mother in law has a Hyundai accent and didnt realize the car she had wasn't hers until she got pulled over driving it. Cops said a elderly lady at Walmart reported it stolen and she showed the cops her keys which had a picture of my nad her grandbabies on it and the cops follwoed her back to Walmart and sure enough her car key fit another woman's accent same as her's.





Needless to say but she's returning it to the dealership and dealership is giving her the downpayment back, clean and clear.|||Never seen it before. Definitely odd-- and concerning for you and your new car!





YouTube your friend starting his car, then turning it off, getting in your new car and starting it with the same key. Then send it to Hyundai Motors to see if they'll do anything for you. Being that your car's still under warranty and Hyundai doesn't want to get a reputation for producing easily-stolen cars, I'd be willing to bet they might send you to a dealer to get all-new locks and ignition key insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment