Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is the 2011 Hyundai Elantra just a pretty wrapper around a cheap car?

I have been looking at this car lately and I like the look and feel of it. I am just wondering if Hyundai is cutting their costs under the hood and with the rest of the mechanical parts that you don't see. Is this engine going to fall apart in 5 years? I know they have a great warranty, but that usually means arguing with the dealer to get them to take care of the problems. What are your thoughts?|||I have 2 Hyundai cars, a 2003 and a 2007, both bought new and while they were cheaper than other brands of cars like them, I have found nothing cheap about them. In fact some things are better than other brand of cars. People are putting 200,000 plus miles on them so something must be right. My 2003 is still going strong and I do not and will not baby it.|||Hyundai is making excellent cars.


If you have doubts about them, check with the owners you see in parking lots and gas stations. I did that for a few years before I bought my first one, a 2004 Santa Fe. Of all the people I have asked, I have never gotten a negative reply about a Hyundai.


I have a neighbor who has been doing the same thing since about a month after she bought her new ford 2 years ago and she tells me the same thing, not one negative reply.


The new Elantra is new from the ground up, and is certainly not just a dressed up 2010.|||We owned both a 05 honda civic ex-se and a 05 Hyundai Elantra GT, bought new. We had lots of problems with the civic (yes they do have problems). We traded it at 36,000 miles (end of warranty) for our 06 Acura tsx (I know it is a honda but it is an excellent car after 120K+miles) Traded the elantra in July 2010 for a '11 sonata. The elantra had 100K+ problem free miles. The dealer we go to is excellent-|||who cares it has a 7 year 100k mile warranty...





and i dont personally think so, i dont really see many coming back to the dealer for minor or major issues, its usually just something stupid like a squeak or rattle|||Consumer Reports recommends this car|||There's a reason why Hyundai group is the fourth largest car maker in the world.|||Not really, what makes you think Hyundai is a cheap car. Sure its pricy because its new but its not cheap.





As far as I see it, from its competitors its a very good value for your money.





Hyundai actually did its homework compare to what other automakers are doing.





Toyota Corolla has been using the same engine transmission ecu suspension etc since the 2000s Corollas (meaning they are just a waste of money) only changed from exterior





Honda Civic and Ford Focus have gone through a major change, Ford Focus did much better than Honda Civic. the 2012 is just a revised, light change 2006 honda civic. If I am to criticize on the civic is that its too pricy. All Honda's are overpriced, they don't need to be. Its not a BMW





Nissan Sentra went for a good change as well... lets see what the next B17 has in store.





The Chevy Cruze is a very promising car. Although some complain its not entertaining to drive but I would love to be in an interior like that.





The Elentra went through a SERIOUS CHANGE compare to last generation. A 6 speed automatic, which car company (besides Cruze) offers that.





The engine will not fall apart as long as you maintain properly.





In my opnion Hyundai is going through a serious change only because they're showing promise, unlike the Japanese automakers (who aren't). Buying one wouldn't hurt your wallet. In the end I am sure you'll be happy with your decision, I've hard many owners hesitate in buying A Hyundai because of its name, but when you drive one, they're something else.





Give on a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment