Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How good are Hyundai's and How long do they last?

I am looking into possibly buying a 2005 Hyundai Elantra, any suggestions? Whats your experience with hyundai? I have never owned a Hyundai before.|||I have 2 of them... a 2003 and a 2007, both bought new. By the performance of the 2003 I bought the 2007 and have found both very good cars. If to do over I would still buy the cars and when looking for another new car, 99% chance it will be another Hyundai. I do not and will not baby my cars so I drive them hard and the Hyundai's have taken my abuse. I pay cash for my cars so I can afford what I want and If someone doesn't believe that, put your money where your mouth is and I'll show you the titles without a lean holder.|||the Elantra has been a good, reliable car. a 2005 is 5 years old, however. so mileage and maintenance will play a part. any car which has been neglected or abused won't "last" as long





the Elantra isn't known for giving unforeseen problems, but depending on age and mileage certain things need to be done. has the oil been changed regularly? coolant replaced? brakes serviced, power steering fluid changed, and the auto trans serviced? at 60,000m the timing belt is also scheduled for replacement. that is very important and is expensive at a dealer, a lot less from an independent shop.





so how "long do they last?" well, here are a couple of links for your research





http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresul鈥?/a>





that is a long list of '05 Elantra's on sale with higher mileage. and this:





http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/elantra/2鈥?/a>





that is 226 owner reviews and impressions of the '05 Elantra. if its been taken care of and you like the way the car drives and stuff, it should treat you as well as any car and go a good number of miles|||I have a 2004 Elantra and just took it in for my 60,000 mile maintenance (I don't put a lot of miles on my car), but so far it's been a really good car for me. No major problems. While I was at the dealership the other day a lady who brought in her Tuscon was telling me about her sister who had bought an Elantra about 10 years ago and put over 200,000 miles on it! She had since sold the car, but it's running strong for the other owners as well.|||Theyre not a top car company so they have to make long lasting cars to sell them. Not like Ford with the Mustang. Its flashy so you pay more for that. But when I think "new car" Hyundai isnt my first choice.|||They last longer than the guy making steak upstairs

1 comment:

  1. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge. Good blogs style too, Cheers!

    - The hyundai service contract

    ReplyDelete