Saturday, November 12, 2011

How many miles can I expect from a hyundai engine?

I'm thinking of buying a 2002 Hyundai Sonata, except the engine already has 102,000 miles on it. I'm tied up for money and the vehicle itself looks nice. I'm just curious to know how many miles these (not sure if it's 4 or 6 cyl on this model) engines usually live up to? Thanks!|||People who automatically say "Hyundais are crap" are pretty ignorant. Infact, every year from 2002-2006 Hyundai tied toyota for initial quality...for this year, a survey of 27,000 vehicle owners shows that Hyundai has BEATEN toyota by leading in 5 categories, while toyota lead in NONE.





Hyundai is building a great car for not a lot of money. I had a 1996 accent and I put over 400,000 miles on the original engine. When I sold it it wasn't using a DROP of oil, and still got close to 40mpg on the highway.





Like any car, if you the sonata in question has been reasonably maintainted, and if you keep up on the maintenance you should be fine. I would change the timing belt first thing though.|||Hyundai's are the worst it is already nearing its reasonable service lifetime already.|||you should have bought a bike.





hyundai's are trash. let's just say you will need a bike soon, because that thang is going to die on you.





a former hyundai owner (you'll never eva catch me in a hyundai again---i'll walk)|||Hyundais are good cars. If regular maintenance has been kept up the it will last you some time. Don't pay more than 4000 for it. The only problem I had with my Hyundai is the battery went dead cause I left on the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment