Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How much is it to get air conditioning for my 2008 Hyundai Elantra?

My parents decided to buy my 2008 Hyundai Elantra basic, which is cool, becuase they got me a car. But it is getting really hot outside, and my car is black- but i have no AC! Does anyone kno where I can kind an air conditioner kit for my car, and how much it would cost?





I would greatly appreciate your help|||only kit for a car that new would be dealer installed a/c kit and they are not cheap.





only other option would be to find a wrecked one in the same year range and rip everything out of it.





you'd need all kinds, condensor, evaporator w/underdash boxes, all a/c lines, misc. bolts, brackets, possibly wiring harnesses if the car isnt pre-wired either, a/c compressor w/engine bracket, belt, possibly crank pulley, compressor oil, and freon. I think I may have left something out but you get the idea.





its a huge pain in the butt and even if you got all the parts together on the cheap...and I mean EVERYTHING...it sounds like you have no clue how to install it yourself and a shop would charge you an arm and a leg to do it since they'd have to pull out the entire dash to hang the underdash components.|||Where about you live?|||That would require installing all the A/C lines and ductwork not installed at the factory plus the dashboard controls. I would check with the dealership and see if it could be done. I know a company called Vintage Air makes systems to put in older cars that were before a/c.

No comments:

Post a Comment