Saturday, November 19, 2011

The battery has gone dead in my Hyundai Coupe and the bonnett opener is electronic. How can I open the bonnett

Is there any manual button to by pass the electronic button in cases like this? It is an 02 Hyundai Coupe SE and the battery is totally dead after the car wasnt started for 2 weeks. Thanks in advance.|||You can buy a battery powered power supply which plugs into the cigarette lighter, its used mainly so that you don't lose all your radio presets etc. when you are changing batteries, costs around $20.|||All cars have a small lever under the hood (bonnett) in the front to be able to open it manually. A mechanic knows where it is if you dont.|||the lever under the bonnet is a secondary release in case the primary (in your case electric) fails - this is to stop the bonnet flying open when you drive along





You cannot open this secondary release until you have opened the primary release.





there should be an emergency release for you bonnet - I will try and find out for you and edit my reply in a bit|||I am an Irishman, when things don't go right for me I just grab an axe, they pretty much fix everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment