Saturday, November 12, 2011

How come people make fun of Hyundai, when Hyundai's always get good reviews from press and media?

I know Hyundai were crap in the older days..as a frequent newspaper and magazine reader, I heard nothing but good reviews on Hyundai. I'm from Ohio and Hyundai's (especially the Sonata's) are popular. Customer satisfication were also high.|||People are just dumb. Hyundai has steeped up their game a lot from what they used to be. No they have very high ratings for performance, value, and customer satisfaction. They also proved a major point by being the industry's first 10year/100,000 mile warranty. If they are willing to put that kind of warranty up for the consumer they must have a lot of confidence in their product.





The auto market in only getting better. Cars are becoming more and more reliable. It my opinion, Hyundai doesn't deserve to be bashed anymore.|||The day Hyundai makes a transmission that lasts longer than 30k I'll stop making fun of them.





They finally made a car that's not total garbage with a poor interior (the Genesis) but like any other Hyundai, the transmission starts dying as soon as you drive it off the lot, quite literally.

Report Abuse


|||I disagree with the person who said people are dumb, that statement is not a real reason. People trust long-term reputations, and Hyundai has one of the worst historically. In the last 5 to 8 years their cars have vastly improved (as you are well aware of). It just might take another 5 years of building quality cars before people trust the reputation of Hyundai.|||I don't get it either. All I can figure is its a status thing. I have found that it is typically the people that drive the Honda's or Toyota's that say the most crap about them. I think its because they are trying to justify paying several thousands more for virtually the same car...with less of a warranty. Its the same with KIA...my brother has one, never a problem. I drive a Avalanche, bought it new and paid out the nose. As far as reliable, I would take his KIA on a long trip before I would jump in my truck. However, I am one of the few that would admit to it, most would make rude comments about the little cars that are in the way. I smile though knowing that at the gas pumps, they are laughing there butts off as I dump $100 or more in for a weeks worth of driving, and they can go 3 times farther with around $30.|||People are materialistic and although most of us live paycheck to paycheck we all believe in status. What other people think and say about us matters and the Hyundai cars are/were considered cheap; which translated to you being cheap, poor and therefore not worthy of that special girl/guy or whatever.|||As you say, in the 80's they were cheap and bad. The reputation stuck and it takes a long time to shake a bad first impression|||How else would they justify paying $38K for a little 330 car that is smaller, less powerful/luxurious/reliable and cost more to maintain then a Hyundai Azera, so they have to believe that the brand name BMW is more important then what they are actually getting in return. Notice how all the girls want these $200+ handbags and diamonds and other basically worthless items? Anyway, I used to think Hyundai was crap too, until I actually started reading some car reviews about them and noticed them taking over the top 10 lists on Consumer Reports, JD Power and others for quality, reliability, value and best in class vehicles. They are now the #7 best selling brand in North America and with all the advertising on TV and upscale models coming out recently their reputation is increasing massively. Just wait until the Genesis sedan and coupe hit showrooms over the next 15 months!|||I'm from MI and people out here don't care for foreign cars at all. Not my family, my mom drives a 2003 Hyundai Elantra and both my dad and I drive a Kia Sedona. His is a 2005 mine an 2007. I had a 2003 Kia Rio and I loved it, was just to small for my family. Rather hard to fit the hubby, myself, our baby and two 60 lbs dogs in it. I love both Kia's and Hyundai's, more bang for your buck and reliable. And Hyundai does own Kia.|||It is because they had that bad reputation.


People don't believe in them anymore.





They are very good cars.


I have driven every Hyundai and Kia. They are very nice, but people still don't beleive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment